Bad index.html page??? Was (RE: [rt-users] Keep getting mysql is sues when running 'make initialize-database')

Paul Crossman Paul.Crossman at tvguide.com
Wed Mar 30 13:27:54 EST 2005

I've got an updated process on this that sort of makes the issue go away.
This will not be usable as I move forward in implementation, but perhaps
someone might have some comments to make on this.

- shutdown httpd
- shutdown mysqld
- remove the /var/lib/mysql directory (rm -rf /var/lib/mysql)
- cp /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm /opt
- remove the rt3 install directory (rm -rf /opt/rt3)
- startup mysqld (initial database gets created here)
- cd /usr/src/rt-3.0.12
- make install
- make initialize-database
- cp /opt/RT_SiteConfig.pm /opt/rt3/etc/
- Validate permissions and ownership of /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

I have success with this...

>From here I can do the following

# mysql
mysql> connect rt3
mysql> source /root/rt3.sql
###  Database backup imports just fine here.

- Startup httpd

##  Now I have to change everyone's password in the database since the
password hashing between windows and Linux does not seem to translate
properly.

# mysql
mysql> connect rt3
mysql> update Users set Password='X03MO1qnZdYdgyfeuILPmQ';

Connection to the RT application is possible at this point for me, but
others get a web page that starts off looking like this...

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com> %# %# (Except where explictly superceded by other
copyright notices) %# %# This work is made available to you under the terms
of Version 2 of %# the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license
should have %# been provided with this software, but in any event can be
snarfed %# from www.gnu.org. %# %# This work is distributed in the hope that
it will be useful, but %# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
warranty of %# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU %# General Public License for more details. %# %# Unless otherwise
specified, all modifications, corrections or %# extensions to this work
which alter its source code become the %# property of Best Practical
Solutions, LLC when submitted for %# inclusion in the work. %# %# %# END
LICENSE BLOCK

The URL in the browser is http://rtserver/index.html.  When I login
successfully, the URL displayed for me is http://rtserver/rt/index.html.  At
this point, I'm thinking browser issue or Windows settings issue as I can
have various others use either IE or Firefox and produce the above result.
I've searched the Wiki and Google and so far got nothing about this.

The only logged message I can find is:

[Wed Mar 30 12:26:06 2005] [error] [client 172.28.8.14] File does not exist:
/opt/rt3/share/html/favicon.ico

...but my successful logins yield this as well.

More thoughts????  Anyone.... anyone.... Bueller???

Paul C.