[rt-users] Displaying a section based on access to a queue--Answer

Brelsfoard, Alex alexb at WPI.EDU
Wed Mar 30 17:44:29 EST 2005

This seems like a great idea.  but when I try to implement it I get an error
saying that it does not recognize the Load method.
Any ideas?
--Alex

Alex Brelsfoard
Web Applications Developer
Web Development Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
508-831-6147
alexb at wpi.edu

________________________________

From: Matthew Watson [mailto:matthew.watson at staff.netspace.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:12 PM
To: Brelsfoard, Alex; rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Displaying a section based on access to a
queue--Answer

That's a pretty messy way of doing it, you are looping over all the queues
but only doing any action if the queue is "8" , it would be better to just
load queue 8 and test on that. Something like this,

% my $q = new RT::Queue($session{'CurrentUser'});

% $q->Load('8');

% if ($q->Id && $q->CurrentUserHasRight("SeeQueue")){

 <& /Element/MyElements &>

% }

This should scale a lot better as you get more queues.

Matt.