[rt-users] TransactionBatch problem

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Thu Mar 31 08:08:20 EST 2005

Hi,

I am seeing a strange problem with 3.2.3. We are using all sorts of scrips to manipulate the transaction contents (e.g. SetTicketPropertiesViaMail from the Wiki). Since you cannot predict the order in which scrips are run I tried the following: I moved all scips that created communication (e-mail etc.) into the TransactionBatch stage. I only left the more "administrative" scrips in the TransactionCreate stage (like AutoSetOwner, Reopen Ticket on Correspondance etc.).

At first it looked like everything was working. Using the E-Mail interface worked like a charm. Once we started using the Web-Interface again we recognized all sorts of mails with emtpy transaction contents. It took me some time to figure it out. I traced it down to the following: The moment I hit "Reply" or "Comment" in the web interface, all sorts of scrips were running. And the ones in "TransactionBatch" stage all produced output in the form of E-Mails.

This is a bug, is it not?

BTW: I would have loved to put this into the devel-list but all my tries to subscribe to that list failed for an unknown reason (no reply from the list server). I hope someone can help me here!

Regards,
  JP