[rt-users] Tricky situation with rt-mailgate

Thomas M. Payerle payerle at physics.umd.edu
Mon May 2 11:28:54 EDT 2005

> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:11:22 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Tuc at Beach House <tuc at tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
> Subject: [rt-users] Tricky situation with rt-mailgate
> 	I'm running RT in a load balanced situation. I've got everything
> running it seems from the web side. From the mail side, I'm running into
> a problem. Because the mail server is in the same subnet as the load balanced
> machines, they can't talk to each other on the load balanced IP. Well, the
> way we have them configured we can't. If we changed the config, they could...
> But then it would appear EVERY hit came from the same IP, and since there are
> alot of other sites that need this information, I can't afford to do it.

My understanding is that rt-mailgate should be given an URL.  Can you just
give the URL of a specific box rather than the load balanced URL (I am assuming
the stuff behind the load balancer have distinct IP addresses)?  This would
break load-balancing of RT when it comes through the mailgate, but should
allow mailgate to access the RT web site.  Can probably hack the mailgate
code to alternate the specific box IPs as well for the URL.