[rt-users] 3.4.1 Custom Field Permissions

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue May 3 15:17:48 EDT 2005

We've just upgraded from 3.1.14 to 3.4.1, and although the custom fields
migrated correctly, our customers have lost the ability to create new
custom fields and attach them to their queues - there are no menu options
anywhere to allow them to create new custom fields, presumably due to
missing permissions. So I'm trying to dig and find out what permissions are
required.

I'm wondering...

- should I expect to see a 'new custom field' tab to show up under the
queue config?

- is it correct that anyone who needs to create a new custom field must
have the global "AdminCustomField" permission? It seems a bit broad, but
that's the only thing I can do to make a 'new custom field' tab show up.

- If I do give them global AdminCustomField, the users can then create a CF
and  associate it with their queue. But how can they prevent someone from
another group (who also has global AdminCustomField) from messing with this CF?

Adding to my confusion is a page /Admin/Queues/CustomField.html that I
can't see referred from any menu - it looks like it is for creating a new
custom field for a queue but I can't figure out how to access it through
the UI.

Thanks,
Steve