[rt-users] Resolve scip headache

Michael Wilkinson Wilkinson411 at aol.com
Wed May 11 12:24:27 EDT 2005

As I continue to bang my head on my desk I thought I would see if anyone has
any ideas. I had RT running in a test environment and a queue setup called
NOC. I had four scrips defined to the queue NOC:

On create Notify CCs with template Transaction
On resolve Notify Ccs with template Resolve
On comment Notify Ccs as comment with template Correspondence
On owner change Notify Owner with template Transaction

I had two templates defined to the queue as well. Transaction and Resolve.

When I created a ticket with a status of resolved,  Request Tracker would
send two e-mails out to the defined watches. One based on the on the create
scrip and the other on the resolved scrip.   This was great and how I
expected it to work!

I rebuilt the system (don't ask)  and don't think I missed anything but now
this does not work. When I create a ticket with a status of Open it sends
out the Transaction to the watchers. If I comment on it it sends out another
e-mail based on the correspondence template. And if I resolve it it does
what I would expect and sends an e-mail out based on the resolved template.

So, I know the templates are working. But, if I open a ticket with a status
of resolved it will only send an e-mail out based on the Transaction
template. It never sends the second e-mail based on the resolve template
even though the condition is met. I can reopen the ticket and the resolve it
and it will send the e-mail to the watchers.

What am I missing? Or, was I dreaming and it never really worked the way I
though it did!!! Any ideas or pointers would be helpful.

Mike