[rt-users] Owner list on 'Quick ticket creation'

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed May 11 14:03:16 EDT 2005

At Wednesday 5/11/2005 01:07 PM, Brandon Pulsipher wrote:

>For the Quick ticket creationsection on the At-a-glance page, is there a
>permission change or easy mod to have it show all potential owners (the
>list I see if I go to the full ticket creation)?  It presently only lists
>the yourself and Nobody.

The problem is that all potential owners (in the system) could be a very
long list and might take a long time to put together. On the full ticket
creation you've chosen  a queue, so the list potential owners is limited
and it's more reasonable to display it.

Not that you couldn't show the whole list on the home page - just that it
might give you very bad response time and a very long drop down list.

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)