[rt-users] RT3.4.2 on FreeBSD (was: DBD::Pg 1.41 still a no-go)

Angelo Turetta aturetta+rt at bestunion.it
Sat May 14 06:43:33 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 06:54:24PM +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>
>>I think it may be a bug in 3.4.2.
>>I'm using exactly the same combination (FreeBSD, Postgres 8.0.2) - but
>>with RT3.4.1.
>>I *tried* 3.4.2RC1, but I got the same problems as Angelo and reverted
>>back to 3.4.1
>

> I've tried to replicate this on RT 3.4.2 + DBD::Pg 1.41 + Pg 8.02. And I
> can't.  I'm afraid I can't do much more without more debugging
> information from y'all.

I had some more time to experiment, and I can confirm that 3.4.2 has
some serious regression on FreeBSD/Apache2/mod_perl2(2.0rc3)/PostgreSql
compared to 3.4.1, and DBD:Pg doesn't change much the result (in fact,
with 1.32 some of the symptoms are somewhat attenuated, but the system
is still unusable)

All dependencies are installed with the FreeBSD ports system, on
5.3-STABLE (please find attached the version of all deps)

In my setup, 3.4.1 works just fine. If I install 3.4.2 (changing nothing
else), all kinds of problems show up: I list some of them from memory

- In the query builder the 'Add' button in the 'Add Criteria' section
works only the first time after restarting apache, and then does nothing

- In the query builder the 'Search' button does nothing most of the
times. Occasionally it starts the search :-).

- In the query builder 'New Query' does nothing

- clicking on a ticket's link (search results or Home page), you get the
ticket data only if you leave the browser quiet for some time. (if you
click on two tickets one after the other, the second displays 'No ticket
specified')

- after you log out, you cannot log in any more (until apache is restarted)

- the overall impression is as if pages were being 'cached'.

I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer (on which I set the cache to
verify the page every visit) with the same results.

The log file ('debug') is not terribly useful, but I attach it anyway.
Please tell me how can I help some more with the debug (I may even
provide a shell access to my test system if you cannot reproduce the error).

To setup a test machine, you may wish to download the port I've created
(I'm using it to install RT) from
           http://mail.bestunion.it/rt342-port.tgz
please untar in /usr/ports (port tree should be newer than 2005-03-10), then

            cd www/rt34 && make -DWITH_APACHE2 DB_TYPE=Pg install

Thanks

Angelo