[rt-users] RHEL FastCGI Problems

Michael H. Brown brownmh at senexco.com
Mon May 16 15:31:57 EDT 2005

I have RT 3.4.2 installed on RHEL 4 with all the current updates.  I am
able to run through the installation without any errors and RT installs
successfully.  I edited the httpd.conf file according to the
instructions on wiki.bestpractical.com and the apache service starts
successfully.  I can get to the login page and login but it never makes
it to the index.html page.  I get a 404 error and in the error logs for
apache I get a message about index.html not being found.

Here is my httpd.conf configuration for the virtual host:

     NameVirtualHost *:80
 <VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerAdmin root
 DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
 # Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)
 AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
 <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
 Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
 AllowOverride None
 </Directory>
 # Pass through requests to display images
 Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
 </VirtualHost>
 FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
 ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

Here are the errors that I am getting in the error.log file:

 [Mon May 16 13:16:02 2005] [notice] FastCGI: process manager
initialized (pid 12536)
[Mon May 16 13:16:02 2005] [warn] FastCGI: server
"/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" started (pid 12537)
[Mon May 16 13:16:04 2005] [notice] mod_python: Creating 4 session
mutexes based on 256 max processes and 0 max threads.
[Mon May 16 13:16:06 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) configured
-- resuming normal operations
[Mon May 16 13:16:25 2005] [error] [client 10.0.0.29] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/index.html, referer: http://10.0.0.29/rt
[Mon May 16 13:16:26 2005] [error] [client 10.0.0.29] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico
[Mon May 16 13:30:40 2005] [error] [client 10.0.0.5] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/index.html, referer: http://10.0.0.29/rt

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
     mhb

Michael H. Brown
Network Administrator
Senex Services Corp.
317.613.3000 ext. 217
http://www.senexservicescorp.com <http://www.senexservicescorp.com>

The Senex Services Corp. email system added the following official information to this message.
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged and may contain confidential health information. This email is intended to be reviewed only by the individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify Senex Services Corp. immediately - by return message to the sender or to security at senexco.com - and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Senex Services Corp. Confidential health information is protected by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and related regulations.