[rt-users] rt-mailgate setup issues on RT 3.4.2

Grant Miller grantmiller1 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 16:44:57 EDT 2005

I'm working on setting up RT 3.4.2 on a test machine and I have the web
interface working, but I'm having some problems with creating tickets via
email.

Here's what I'm running:

RT 3.4.2
OS X (server) 10.3.8
Perl 5.8.5
Apache 2.0.54
mod_fastcgi 2.4.2
MySQL 4.0.18 (stock version that comes with OS X 10.3)
Postfix (stock version that comes with OS X 10.3)
DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.27
HTML::Mason v1.26

I have attached the full system configuration as a separate file.

I have a alias setup in Postfix called support:

support:        |"/opt/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue new
--action correspond --url http://rt-foo.bar.com/"

rt-foo.bar.com is a IP alias that points to foo.bar.com.

When I send email to support at foo.bar.com, no ticket is created.  Here's what I
see in the mail logs on foo.bar.com:

May 16 12:01:00 foo postfix/local[25508]: 14CCA5C606: to=<support at foo.bar.com>
, relay=local, delay=7649, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command
output: Connecting to http://rt-foo.bar.com//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
/opt/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 99, <> chunk 1. An Error Occurred
=================
500 Can't connect to rt-foo.bar.com:80 (connect: Invalid argument)
This is /opt/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate
exiting because of an undefined server error at /opt/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate
line 147, <> chunk 1. )

I have the new queue setup to allow "Everyone" to CreateTicket and SeeQueue.

I can create a ticket via the web interface and email will go out for that
ticket.

This is my first time setting up RT 3, I've been using RT 2 for a long time.

--
- Grant Miller <grantmiller1 at gmail dot com>