[rt-users] Custom Fields visibility - Logic bug or intentional?

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Tue May 17 09:47:44 EDT 2005

Richard Ellis wrote:

>Yes its a pre 3.4 Global CF, but if you have to define the permissions
>for Global CF's post 3.4 so that they appear for the ordinary user,
>surely it is logical to be able to prevent them from appearing at the
>queue level.
>
>Otherwise, I would need to remove it as a global and redefine it again.
>I wouldn't like to guess how existing data would react to that.

This is likely to become a bigger problem as people upgrade their
versions.  Perhaps what needs to be done is have an option besides
Enabled/Disabled for CFs.  Would an archive option allow any data
present to be displayed but not necessarily show for new tickets?  This
way, you could archive your pre-3.4 CFs (with an entry in the db
somewhere stating which tickets use the archived CF - or perhaps an
RT_SiteConfig variable) and properly create 3.4 CFs for your queues, as
needed.

--
Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst