[rt-users] Returned mail from RT

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Wed May 18 12:59:22 EDT 2005

My RT setup seems to be working fine, but I wanted to check something. I get several RT-related Returned mails each day and want to ensure that there is not a problem. It looks to me like the email address that RT is trying to respond to was generated with a ticket being created from spam. The domain does not seem to resolve. But the way the output reads, it almost seems like it is my address that is causing the problem. machine.progeny.com is not accessible externally but mail gets routed to it appropriately. Is there a problem with running rt on an internal system and using the mail system to route mail to its mailgate?

Vicki

Here is the mail in question:

The original message was received at Wed, 18 May 2005 10:41:03 -0500
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

<herbert.gschiel at scheckheft-gesundheit.at>
    (reason: 554 <nobody at machine.progeny.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found)

... while talking to mail.scheckheft-gesundheit.at.:

<<< 554 <nobody at machine.progeny.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
<<< 554 Error: no valid recipients