[rt-users] Running Unix Shell and Oracle SQL Scripts from within Request Tracker

Graham.Boddy at xansa.com Graham.Boddy at xansa.com
Thu May 19 08:36:08 EDT 2005

I have just started on a new site where we use Request Tracker as a Support
tool for logging calls and processing them. For this, it is very good.

I am an Oracle DBA and have extensive knowledge of SQL, but none of PERL
(O-O or not !), Mason, etc.

In order to satisfy the management here, I have had to write several SQL
scripts to extract management statistics (calls open, closed within certain
time, etc) which I am currently running from the SQL*Plus command line
directly from the RT Oracle Schema..

I would like to make these available to the managers to use from within the
application, but haven't got a clue where to start... All I want is the
facility to run SQL/Unix shell scripts from the RT front-end, but I seem to
be getting nowhere... Thought about using the Oracle "mod_plsql" module to
do it, but really don't know where to start...

Is anyone out there currently using RT to run SQL/Shell scripts for
reporting purposes? Or can even just give me some pointers as to where to
start ??
We are using RT on an Oracle 9i database on Unix.

Thanks for any help given.
Graham Boddy

graham.boddy at xansa.com
Mobile: 07973 741305

Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any liability whatsoever.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and protected by client privilege.  It is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the organisation.
     Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
     Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
     Registered in England No.1000954.
     t  +44 (0)8702 416181
     w  www.xansa.com