[rt-users] rt hanging on mail-import

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Thu May 19 08:33:12 EDT 2005

hi
since two days or so our rt installation is behaving weird on "big" emails
(meaning 2MB+) - we're running on RH9 with fastcgi and the mason_handler eats up
nearly all cpu-time and get itself 75 MB memory (or so), problem is the email
never gets correctly imported - tested it via commandline:

[root at beast root]# cat test-mail.txt | /opt/knet_rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
general --action correspond --url http://beast.kapper.net/
An Error Occurred
=================

500 read timeout

side-effect: after a few cycles the mason_handler is just blocking any activity
on RT - until we restart apache, then it behaves well until the next big email
comes along (and if we moved the big email from the queue to elsewhere).

we're running RT V3.0.9, perl-modules are patched to "latest" via cpan - I have
no idea at the moment what to do ...

any help appreciated.

thank you in advance
harald kapper / kapper.net