[rt-users] RT database repointing

Kevin Moran kmoran at servecentric.com
Thu May 19 09:27:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

Can anyone help I am trying to repoint my RT3.2.1 to a new server with a
dump of my mysql db.  It doesn't seem to repointing away from the
localhost as you can see from the logs below.  Is there something else I
have to do other then change the RT_Config.pm?

[Thu May 19 14:21:15 2005] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default:
sysvsem)

DBI connect('dbname=rt3;host=localhost','rt',...) failed: Can't connect
to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 132

[Thu May 19 14:21:33 2005] [error] Connect Failed Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

 at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 168

Thanks,

Kevin

This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging to Servecentric Ltd and is intended solely for the addressee(s). The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copy (either in whole or in part) of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Servecentric Ltd. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. Servecentric shall not be liable for the contents of this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and of the email's deletion.