[rt-users] Returned mail from RT

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Thu May 19 10:05:55 EDT 2005

Alex Harrington wrote:

>One of the fields in Site_Config.pm allows you to masquerade your
>outgoing mail.
>
>Eg, here our RT box is called rt.longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk so
>outgoing mail would come from support at rt.longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
>which wouldn't resolve externally.
>
>With the rewrite working, outgoing mail now comes from
>support at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk and everything then just works.
>
>Cheers

I had edited the RT_SiteConfig.pm file to set the rtname, the
Organization, the CorrespondAddress, the CommentAddress, and the
WebBaseURL. I see a few email-specific variables too, but I am unsure
which one to change. I assume, however, that you are referring to the
CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch and the CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace
variables which were not set in my inherited RT which had external
presence. [I am including this information for thread clarity.]