[rt-users] Data migration from 2.0.x to 3.4.x

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Sun May 22 17:57:38 EDT 2005

Hi Al...

I'm running RT 2.0.13 and should have upgraded to 3.4.x ages ago, but I am
finally looking in to how to do that now.  I'm running it on Debian Woody
but the upgrade will go to Sarge or possible even unstable, on a new PC.
The database will be PostgreSQL.

I see that there is a nice Debian package available for both testing and
unstable, which I am guessing will be upgraded to the May 4th release
soon.  Installing the new RT 3.4.x seems easy enough.

What I am wondering, though, is if it is possible to migrate the existing
data from my RT 2.0.x the new RT 3.4.x installation.  I searched around
the Best Proactical site but didn't find any information about how to do
this.  Ideally, I would want to do this after the installation is complete
and the new RT is configured.

Can this be done?  Thanks very much.