[rt-users] RT 3.4.2 installation woes

Adrian Close adrian.close at hitwise.com
Tue May 24 03:45:04 EDT 2005

Hi all,

So, I'm going slightly nuts trying to deploy RT 3.4.2 in a virgin Debian
Woody environment.  Having installed PostgreSQL 7.4, built my own Perl
5.8.6 and mod_perl 1.29 DSO and satisified all the Perl dependencies via
the CPAN shell, as well as configured up Apache, I appear to be
tantalisingly close to a working installation.  Oh, and I installed RT as
well (including the database setup).  ;)

What I have now is something I can log into as 'root' with the default
password and click around a bit in.  However, many links (e.g.
Tickets) result in content my browser (Firefox) wants to download rather
than display, presumably because it still looks a lot like Mason code as
opposed to renderable HTML.  Other links, such as "Configuration -> Users"
do kinda work.

Something akin to Mason does indeed appear to be parsing the raw files and
producing content, because if I comment out, say, "PerlHandler RT::Mason"
in httpd.conf, I get plain code in my browser (i.e. no download dialog).

Does this ring any bells for anyone?  Have I missed something small, yet
vital?  I'll keep plugging away, but any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Close				email:  adrian.close at hitwise.com
Hitwise					phone:	+61 3 8530 2446
Level 7, 580 St Kilda Road		fax:	+61 3 9529 8907
Melbourne, VIC, 3004, Australia		web:    http://www.hitwise.com/