[rt-users] RT upgrade failing!

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue May 24 18:10:10 EDT 2005

> My
> problem is that the RT upgrade path appears to be broken. My original
> version is RT 3.0.7_01 and that version requires sperl which is not
> required under the new version (3.4.2). As you may know, unless I want
> to do a customized perl build on rhel4 there is no sperl. So when I try
> to upgrade from 3.0.7_01 to 3.4.2 it wants me to do a series of database
> upgrades involving the schemas, acls, and some data inserts.
> Theoretically these updates should move my existing database from
> version 3.0.7_01 to 3.1.0  to 3.1.15 to 3.1.17 to 3.3.0 to 3.3.11 which
> is where it seems to stop.

Which is right, because there hasn't been a schema change since 3.3.11

> This all breaks down pretty early though because at 3.1.15 there is no
> upgrade schema for postgres and no ACL's update either. The bottom line
> here is that it seems there is *NO* viable upgrade path to get from
> 3.0.7_01 to 3.4.2.

RT 3.4.2 shouldn't throw errors if there was nothing to do for a given
database for a specific upgrade.  Did you try to upgrade all the way and
have it fail? I've done the upgrades, not just in house but for a number
of customers.

Jesse