[rt-users] CC's not working.

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Thu May 26 17:42:19 EDT 2005

Vicki Stanfield wrote:

>> I have seen other posts concerning CC's not working in RT, but a
>> google search produced nothing that looked like the problem I am
>> having. CC's on my system just don't work - in creation, comment, or
>> replies. Incidently, some of my users claim that this feature worked
>> up until yesterday morning. I think that the only config change with
>> regard to RT was a change in RT_SiteConfig.pm as follows:
>>
>> #Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^rt\@progeny.com$');
>> Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^tickets\@progeny.com$');
>>
>> which I assume is necessary since the RT instance is referred to by
>> http://tickets.progeny.com.
>>
> Okay, I am still trying to figure this out, and it looks like a
> database problem based on the log entry that I posted earlier. I went
> to the database, and indeed there is no LookupType in the CustomFields
> table. SO the database query is failing. Now my question is how do I
> figure out what was supposed to be in that field and whether or not it
> existed when I transitioned the database initially. I went back to my
> old database from the RT 3.0.0 installation, and the field is not in
> there either. So were the upgrade scripts supposed to add this field?
> I see from a grep of the schema files in /opt/rt3/etc/ that the field
> should exist and should be a varchar(255) NOT NULL field.
>
> So the field was added during migration and can be added again? How do
> I know what values to put in it?
>
> Vicki

Well, I scoured the scripts that migrate the database and created the
missing field and populated it with data. Still no email. But the failed
mysql query is not there anymore. I still get the errors on Scrip 3, 15,
and 31 though, which I now believe to be indicating the actual problem.
Scrip 3 is `On create,notify Admin CC; glob template:Transaction
TransactionCreate`. Scrip 15 is On create,notify Owner; glob
template:Transaction TransactionCreate`.  Scrip 31 is On
create,Autoreplay To Requestors; glob template:Autoreply
TransactionCreate`. It makes sense that, if these scrips are failing, no
email is going out. But why might they be failing. I see the `No
recipients found. Not sending.` but I don't understand why no recipient
is found. The users in the test tickets that I create are all valid. Can
anyone see the problem?

May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
<rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-3.7.40102139464582 at progeny.com> #10759/54099 -
Scrip 3  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
<rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-3.7.40102139464582 at progeny.com> sent To:  Cc:
Bcc: hoeferbe at progeny.com (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:295)
May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
<rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-15.13.6557815247691 at progeny.com> #10759/54099 -
Scrip 15  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
<rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-15.13.6557815247691 at progeny.com> No recipients
found. Not sending.  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:247)
May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
<rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-31.18.5958145403654 at progeny.com> #10759/54099 -
Scrip 31  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
<rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-31.18.5958145403654 at progeny.com> sent To:
vicki at progeny.com Cc:  Bcc:  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:295)
May 26 16:18:51 moe RT: Ticket 10759 created in queue 'System
Administration' by vicki (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:730)

Vicki