[rt-users] CC's not working.

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Fri May 27 12:03:43 EDT 2005

Stephen Turner wrote:

> At Thursday 5/26/2005 05:42 PM, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
>
>> Well, I scoured the scripts that migrate the database and created the
>> missing field and populated it with data. Still no email. But the
>> failed mysql query is not there anymore. I still get the errors on
>> Scrip 3, 15, and 31 though, which I now believe to be indicating the
>> actual problem. Scrip 3 is `On create,notify Admin CC; glob
>> template:Transaction TransactionCreate`. Scrip 15 is On create,notify
>> Owner; glob template:Transaction TransactionCreate`.  Scrip 31 is On
>> create,Autoreplay To Requestors; glob template:Autoreply
>> TransactionCreate`. It makes sense that, if these scrips are failing,
>> no email is going out. But why might they be failing. I see the `No
>> recipients found. Not sending.` but I don't understand why no
>> recipient is found. The users in the test tickets that I create are
>> all valid. Can anyone see the problem?
>>
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
>> <rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-3.7.40102139464582 at progeny.com> #10759/54099 -
>> Scrip 3  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
>> <rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-3.7.40102139464582 at progeny.com> sent To:  Cc:
>> Bcc: hoeferbe at progeny.com (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:295)
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
>> <rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-15.13.6557815247691 at progeny.com> #10759/54099 -
>> Scrip 15  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
>> <rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-15.13.6557815247691 at progeny.com> No recipients
>> found. Not sending.  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:247)
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
>> <rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-31.18.5958145403654 at progeny.com> #10759/54099 -
>> Scrip 31  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT:
>> <rt-3.4.1-10759-54099-31.18.5958145403654 at progeny.com> sent To:
>> vicki at progeny.com Cc:  Bcc:  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:295)
>> May 26 16:18:51 moe RT: Ticket 10759 created in queue 'System
>> Administration' by vicki (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:730)
>>
>> Vicki
>

> Vicki,
>
> None of the scrips you list send mail to CCs. Could you list all the
> scrips define globally and for the ticket's queue?
>
> One other thing to check is the NotifyActor feaure - see
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FAQ , mail gate section.
>
> Steve

Okay, I have wondered this before but never aloud....NotifyActor in
RT_Config.pm seems to only apply to whether the Actor in a ticket gets
an email saying what he himself has done. That is judging by the
comments surrounding it in the RT_Config.pm file. It appears that you
can turn this off and on with the NotifyActor option. However the FAQ
seems to indicate that it can do more. I haven't found enough details
about it to know what all it can do. However, I turned it on, and it
didn't improve my situation, I still get the "No recipients found. Not
sending.  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:247)" error.

Thanks for trying though, I am beginning to feel all alone out here! ;-)

Here are the scrips listed for all queues (and the only ones listed for
the queue that I started out trying to email):

On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template Correspondence
On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved
On Correspond Notify Owner with template Admin Correspondence
On Create Notify Owner with template Transaction
On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction

Vicki Stanfield