[rt-users] CC's not working.

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Fri May 27 12:32:30 EDT 2005

Stephen Turner wrote:

>> Here are the scrips listed for all queues (and the only ones listed
>> for the queue that I started out trying to email):
>>
>> On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
>> On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
>> On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
>> On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
>> On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
>> On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template
>> Correspondence
>> On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved
>> On Correspond Notify Owner with template Admin Correspondence
>> On Create Notify Owner with template Transaction
>> On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
>> On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
>>
>> Vicki Stanfield
>

> OK - the only scrip that will send mail to CCs is "On Correspond
> Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence" and this will
> only fire when a reply is added to an existing ticket. The log
> messages you sent earlier show OnCreate scrips - in other words scrips
> that fire when a new ticket is being created. So there are no scrips
> defined to send mail to CCs when a new ticket is created.
>
> The "No recipients found. Not sending" message is not really an error,
> it's more informational. RT checked the scrip, found no-one  who
> should receive the email, and made a note of that in the log. So "On
> Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction" will not send mail
> if no Admin CCs are present for the ticket.
>
> The NotifyActor suggestion was just a wild guess. Quite often our
> users report that "replies aren't working" and we find that they were
> replying to a ticket on which they were the requestor, so our
> NotifyActor setting was suppressing the mail.
>
> Steve

Okay, I need to dig a little deeper to see what these scrips do then,
because the system as I have it set up originally did send email to the
watchers when a ticket was created in their queue. When a ticket was
created in the sysadmin queue for which I am a watcher, I got an email.
I don't now. As far as I can ascertain, the same scrips are there that
were there before. Likewise, when a comment is added, CCs and watchers
were notified and are not now.  And also with replies. Now nada!

Did you expect a given scrip to be there that is not?

Vicki