[rt-users] unknown ticket number?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Fri May 27 14:05:15 EDT 2005

Hi All...

I was wondering what happens if RT 3.4.x receives a reply to a ticket
number it does not know about.  I ask because I am looking at moving from
2.0.13 to 3.4.x and I am thinking that migrating all the data may not be
worth the effort.

Instead, I would just set up a new RT on a new system and point my support
email at it.  I figure I can start thise ticket numbers at a higher number
than the current ones.

The only problem would be people replying to older tickets and the reply
would go to the new RT.  I have noticed that people sometimes reply to very
old tickets instead of opening a new one.  Also, there will be current
tickets to deal with.

So, would RT 3.4.x reject the email, or open a ticket with that number?
Something else?

Thanks!

Jim