[rt-users] problem with customfield when quick create or bulk update

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat May 28 13:03:44 EDT 2005

> >As for Bulk Update, it *does* reset valid field values. Say, I have a
> >couple of tickets listed, some of them with no value and some of them
> >with some value (not specifically the same). These values will get:
> > 1) resetted to a null value, regardless a value existed or not, if I
> >    have not specified a value in the CF or
> > 2) set to the new value if I have specified one in the CF.
> >
> >Does this help?
> [...]
>
> Hi Jesse (and others),
>
> Maybe I am showing patience too little, but do you think you can help me
> on this problem? Currently, this is the only issue in RT we have and the
> only reason why RT is not yet officially in production...

Unfortunately, as a small company, we don't have the resources to deal
with every issue reported by end-users as quickly as we do for customers
on support contracts. I really do wish we had the resources to be able
to give everybody free commercial-grade support.  As I look at 3.4.2's
Bulk Update page, I don't see ticket custom fields at all. (They existed
in 3.4.1 but were quite buggy and got pulled. It _is_ soemthing we've
implemented in the QUEBEC branch for 3.6 and I suspect it could be
backported without much trouble)

Jesse