[rt-users] dump to rt3

Trevin Beattie tbeattie at boingo.com
Tue May 31 10:51:51 EDT 2005

You might try my modifications to the dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 script.  I did
the same upgrade to rt-3.4.1 just a few weeks ago on a very large
database.  Some of the changes had to do with the new database
structure, but there were also a lot of changes related to cleaning up
old cruft in the database.

One thing you should be careful of: just last week I found out that the
script (both the original or with my mods) doesn't properly set the
Parent field of Attachment records.  (I haven't got around to fixing
that.)  Also, avoid doing an incremental import if you have any custom
fields (keywords), because it doesn't copy those over properly.
Otherwise, it seems to work very well.

-- Trevin