[rt-users] Re: Custom statuses

Phil Smith III FCCComplaint at akphs.com
Wed Nov 2 15:36:44 EST 2005

The good news: I figured it out.
The bad news: I feel like an idiot.

My custom statuses weren't working because "pricepending", "customerwait", and "externalwait" are all longer than 10 characters.  I was trying it One More Time and tried changing it to "escalated" (my other new status) and lo! it worked.  And then suddenly it all made sense -- I'd seen that 10-character limit discussed somewhere, but had assumed it would complain.  Well, it did, just not in a way I understood!

So, the question is still on the table: what's theologically wrong with adding statuses?

Thanks to all who tried to help  me find my *** from my elbow!  (Or something like that)

...phsiii