AW: [rt-users] Announcing: RTx::RightsMatrix 0.02.04

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com
Thu Nov 3 09:31:27 EST 2005

Hi Todd,

> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 08:59:38AM +0100, Torsten Brumm wrote:
> > Hi Todd,
> >
> > Great work! This makes admin life easier!!! What do you think to
> > extend this Tools with addidional Features?
> >
> > 1. Did you know the Patch from Mr. Pape "HideGlobalScrips"
> ? It would
> > be great to have all this under the same Tools / Rights
> Matrix or do
> > you think this is a too heavy mixture?
>
> I'm not familiar with it. Where can I find it?

This is at the private Page from Mr. Pape:
http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3screenshots/

There is a problem with the download, so i will attach this to this mail.
This works good for version 3.2 of RT, i'm just fighting to implement at the
3.44 release. I think this makes really sense to add to this RTxRights Add
On, it's not directly handle with rights but with scrips and so on and this
helps also very good for easy admin.

> > 2. Something like i know from Novell, ist called: "Who has rights
> > here" what i mean you pick a queue and as feedback you get
> every group
> > or person with the attached rights.
>
> That would be hard to display in a summary form, I think. If
> you put an example html or ascii are together I would
> consider it. It would also be processor heavy; you would be
> calling HasRight on an object for every group+user * each right.

OK, let me try to exlain in deep what i mean.

The Input must be a queue, so a dropdown for a queue will help. The Result
will bring the following:

Queuename: Testqueue1

		OwnTicket	AdminQueue		CreateTicket

Group1:	y		y			y
Group2:	n		y			y

User1:	y		y			y
(Member of Group1)
User2:	n		y			y
(Member of Group2)

Somethnig like this.

Another idea is a feature i know also from Novell Netware but let me explain
the situation first:

Many times we get requests from users (let me say user1) like: pls create
user2 and grant him the same rights like me. Then you can start to figure
out the rights and memberships of User1 and add user2 to the sme groups and
so on. In netware there was a feature where you can say a the user creation
or admin page: Grant rights from: user-xyz

This would also be a dream ;-)

Torsten