[rt-users] Reports

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Nov 4 10:39:23 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 09:37:21AM -0500, Hersker, Steve wrote:
> Against my will and better judgment, I have to run weekly reports for
> management to review (for regulatory compliance). A list of all open & new
> tickets (with details and complete ticket history for each) and all tickets
> closed the previous week (again with details and history) are two examples.
>

> Before I can put RT in production, I have to find a way to generate these
> reports. Has anyone done anything similar? If anyone just has the generic
> SQL statement(s) that puts together the ticket, transactions and
> attachments, I'd appreciate it.

That sounds unpleasant.

You should never try to access RT data by going to the database
directly. The perl API is the preferred method.

One option you might want to consider is writing a program that
can drive a web browser to run the queries and print each ticket.
It would look nicer than text reports, and you wouldn't have to
worry about the Perl API. Just a thought.

-Todd