[rt-users] Setting up apache for a system with a dynamic IP

Vicki Stanfield vicki at stanfield.net
Fri Nov 4 13:10:44 EST 2005

rt-3.4.4

The modperl example of apache config from the README file in RT3.4.4 shows
this:

<VirtualHost your.ip.address>
    ServerName your.rt.server.hostname
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location />
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The system I am installing on has a dynamic IP. Can I use a hostname in
the VirtualHost line as in the FastCGI example even though I am not using
FastCGI?

<VirtualHost rt.example.com>

   # Pass through requests to display images
   Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

   # Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
   FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

   FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120

   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
   ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

</VirtualHost>

What should the stanza look like in that case?

Thanks,
Vicki