[rt-users] Login fails after reinstall of RT 3.4.4

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Mon Nov 7 10:09:13 EST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 01:16, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Not sure if this will help you but it might:
> Execute this SQL command to reset the root password to 'password'.
> update Users set Password='X03MO1qnZdYdgyfeuILPmQ' where Name='root';
>
> hth.
>
> Kind regards.
> Luke

I'm puzzled...the passwords in my Users table are MD5 hashed, while the above
is not. I didn't manually put the MD5 strings into the table; RT did that when
creating the accounts. Is it possible that RT uses some underlying
authentication library that used to use MD5 and now uses something else, and
that's the source of my problem? Maybe that authentication library got updated
along with Perl, silently?

Or is the encryption/hash something that can be specified in the site config?

Kind regards, and thanks for the reply,

Scott