[rt-users] Anonymous web submission of tickets (I know... CGI...)

Kyle Altendorf altendky at engr.orst.edu
Mon Nov 7 14:46:17 EST 2005

I am looking for comments regarding a file to use as a
non-authenticated ticket creation page.  I know the accepted
practice is to write a CGI script to generate an email to the rt
alias.  In fact, I did write one about three years ago.  Super
simple for a general script, but a bit more complicated when
considering the need to allow the user to specify values for all
the custom fields.  Of course, I don't want to simply copy the
current list of options into a static page.  I would like them
to be read directly from the RT database.

Does anyone have such a script already written that they would
be willing to share?  I would use the one I wrote which had all
the features I need except that in my absense over the past few
years the file was lost.  If I can't find one from someone else,
I guess it's time to relearn the RT API.  If I get it working,
I'll be happy to share it with whomever wants a copy.  Free
backup services if nothing else is how I see it, though
hopefully someone would find it useful.

thanks,
kyle