[rt-users] Login fails after reinstall of RT 3.4.4 -- SOLVED

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Nov 8 10:06:31 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 08:50, Scott Courtney wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 November 2005 01:29, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > > I only discovered the problem by accident. As I was trying Luke's suggestion
> > > for the password, and had previously been referencing records by ID number,
> > > as in "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE id=12;". In that case, however, I issued the
> > > command "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE name='root';" and was amazed that MySQL
> > > didn't match the record.
> >
> > Is your system default characterset latin1?  If not, when does the
> > conversion happen when a non-default characterset is specified
> > at the table level in mysql?
>
> I'm pretty sure it's UTF-8 encoding, and I'm not sure about the character
> set. I haven't yet had time to test with specifying the charset at the table
> level. (At this point, I'm just glad to have my users back online. {GRIN})

The table schema you posted did specify the charset at the
table level, which mysql 4.x and up allows.  I'm just not sure
how and where conversions happen if that isn't the system
default and thought it might be the cause of your problem
although I don't know why it would be different between
innodb and myisam tables.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com