AW: [rt-users] where can I found "dictionary" in RT 3.5.5?

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com
Thu Nov 10 10:39:58 EST 2005

Yes, this sounds also to me really usefull. I'm fighting at the moment with
the same situation.

Image the following: You are a helpdesk and you will choose under pressure
the options:

Category	Type	Item
Software	Apple	Failure
Software	Apple	Installation
Software	Apple	Update
Hardware	HP	Installation
Hardware	HP	Repair
Hardware	HP	Crash
Telco		D2	New Number
Telco		D2	Stolen

Etc.

If you now have a deeper look for the custom fields:

1. CF: Category -> Options are Software, Hardware and Telco. If you choose
Hardware
2. CF: Type -> will only shows the Entries for HP in this case and if you
choose one of them you get only
3. CF: Item -> the value from:Hardware:HP:Installation or Repair or Crash

This is i think a really usefull feature....

Callto://torsten_brumm

 Thanks in advance
    : Torsten Brumm
    : IT Security Engineer