[rt-users] Solaris 10 + Apache 2 + mysql + DBD

Ben Robson ben.robson at classicblue.com.au
Thu Nov 10 19:13:02 EST 2005

Thanks for the follow up guys, but I managed to solve all my problems.

This problem, and a later one I posted about, both existed due to
duplicate DBI and DBD library sets existing in the /opt/csw path.

e.g.
/opt/csw/share/perl/site_perl/DBIx/DBSchema/DBD.pm
/opt/csw/lib/perl/csw/DBI/DBD.pm

When I changed the name of the "correct" one, from say DBD.pm to
DBD.pm~bak, suddenly everything started working.  BINGO!!!

My build method, and I hope to find time to generate a build document,
was to essentially follow the RT install guide, but as it had a
requirement I installed the Blastwave package.

So, as I required Apache : % pkg-get -i Apache2
... as I required perl : % pkg-get -i perl
Etc...

The most noticeable variation to the RT install documentation that I
took, was when it said to "% make fixdeps", I did "% gmake testdeps" and
ran down the list of not-found dependencies (this was a Solaris 10 core
install, so there were plenty).  I then used the Blastwave package
manager to install as many of those as possible, instead of letting "%
gmake fixdeps" do all of the leg work.  This meant that when I did
'fixdeps' it was almost a works first time job.

So everything is working great now.  The only way Blastwave could have
made my life any easier would have been if "% pkg-get -I RT" worked.

Thanks,
BenR