[rt-users] Scrip question.

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 15 13:06:54 EST 2005

At Monday 11/14/2005 02:25 PM, you wrote:

>On 11/14/05, Stephen Turner <<mailto:sturner at mit.edu>sturner at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>You may want to rethink this setup - moving the default scrips from the
>global to the queue level gives you much more flexibility in customizing
>the behavior for individual queues. You can set up the default scrips for a
>new queue through a perl script, which makes life easier.
>

>How do I go about moving them from a global scope to just a queue-level
>scope?  Will that cause any problems when I upgrade RT in the future? As
>for perl scripts ... I'd have to learn perl, first ...
>--

Without Perl scripting this would be a manual process using the web
interface - fairly tedious, depending on how many queues you have.

An alternative might be Dirk Pape's package - I think this does what you
need although I haven't actually tried it.
http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/HideGlobalScrips/HideGlobalScrips.tgz

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)