[rt-users] Ticket Query causes mysql to spin endlessly consuming all CPU

Pavel Ruzicka pavel.ruzicka at i.cz
Tue Nov 15 12:55:20 EST 2005

i have this problem also with rt-3.2.2 @ mysql-3.23.58. fastcgi timeouts
before it gets response from mysql backend. ugly way for client howto
gets from this 500error situation can be delete cookie from browser, but
dont do this!, mysql still tries to solve this SELECT! i increased
FastCgiServer's -idle-timeout value to satisfy simpler queries

timeout for mysql is afaik defined in Apache/Session/Lock/MySQL.pm
my $sth = $self->{dbh}->prepare_cached(q{SELECT GET_LOCK(?, 3600)}, {}, 1);
i had no time for playing with this value so i dont know at this time if
  it can help.

next i was pondering about FULLTEXT indexes, its not possible to use
them with InnoDB, but (good news everyone :)), its in the InnoDB's
roadmap. http://www.innodb.com/todo.php :

"Updated August 30, 2005. In progress: Add FULLTEXT indexes on InnoDB
tables. A sponsor for this project has been found, and a developer has
been hired. Appears probably in 2006."

Any other ideas/workarounds/solutions/... ?

Ruza

--
Pavel Ruzicka, ICZ

Hvezdova 1689/2a, 140 00 Prague 4, CZ