[rt-users] Performance with many attachments and transactions

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Thu Nov 17 15:40:33 EST 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>It'd be worth running the standalone_httpd under perl's profiler.

OK, I tried this (after shutting down the main web server):

$ sudo perl -d:DProf /usr/local/rt3/bin/standalone_httpd 80

And got this error message:

want panicked: I've been asked to find a null return address.
  (Are you trying to call me from inside a tie handler?)
  at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Want.pm line 100,
<DATA> line 16.

Yowza.  I have no idea how to respond to that.  I could try building a
custom perl (I'm currently using the stock Apple perl), re-installing RT
prerequisites and giving that a go.  If it behaves better, I'll re-build
mod_perl and Apache, I guess.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy