[rt-users] resetting ticket numbers

Walmach, Joe joe.walmach at intel.com
Fri Nov 18 09:34:52 EST 2005

Is it possible to reset the tickets back to zero? We're finished with
our testing and want to go live but it would be good to erase all the
test tickets first. Deleting them still holds them in the data base with
the counter leaving off with the last ticket number. Truncating the
ticket table in mysql (Linux) brought me back to zero but all new
tickets include the original data in the history view. For example,
ticket number 1 shows what transpired in the original ticket #1. I hope
I'm not asking a question that's already been answered. I've searched
the archives and only found one incident of this question which went
unanswered. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe