[rt-users] resetting ticket numbers

Walmach, Joe joe.walmach at intel.com
Fri Nov 18 13:11:54 EST 2005

In addition to the other replies on this subject I'm going to include an
answer to my original question which I just implemented.

On my Linux sever running mysql I did the following:

After backing up the data base I logged into mysql and switched to my rt
database.

I then ran:

TRUNCATE TABLE Tickets ;

And then

TRUNCATE TABLE Transactions ;

I then restarted mysql

This emptied the Tickets table and all historical data on those same
tickets that resided in the Transactions table. I now am back to ticket
number 1 without the history of the previous tickets showing up. In
addition I didn't have to disrupt my queues, users, scrips, etc.  I hope
this is of value to someone.

Joe