[rt-users] Database Upgrade Errors -- Please Help

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 21 12:33:56 EST 2005

At Monday 11/21/2005 11:04 AM, Jennifer I. Moore wrote:
>Gentle Greetings,
>
>We are in the process of upgrading from RT 3.0.0 to RT 3.4.4.  We have set
>up a new server with a fresh install of Apache (dynamic), MySQL, and RT,
>all located in a separate filesystem for RT.  I did a database dump from
>our production system and imported it into the new system.  Then I ran all
>of the needed database upgrade scripts.
>
>There were errors on some of the database upgrade scripts, and data is
>clearly missing from the RT display in the web interface (for example,
>Custom Fields).  I have included the output from running the database
>scripts below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have searched
>the Wiki and mail list archives and found similar threads but no solutions.
>
>Thank you in advance for any assistance!
>Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

You didn't mention what version of RT you installed on the new server. If
it's 3.4.4 that would account for the errors in the database upgrade
scripts - the changes it was trying to make are already in place.

I'm not sure of the exact upgrade path from 3.0 to 3.4, but I think
generally speaking you should start with a replica of your older system and
let the RT upgrade scripts take care of bringing the database up to the
latest version rather than installing 3.4.4 and importing your old database.

Steve