[rt-users] controlling a ticket via email

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 22 10:01:26 EST 2005

At Tuesday 11/22/2005 09:22 AM, Andreas Andersson wrote:
>Andreas Andersson wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I know I can create and comment on tickets via email, but can I do more?
> >  Can I assign owners? Take ownership? Resolv tickets? It would be very
> > nice if it could be done :)
>
>It supprises me that no one have an answer to this. Is it really just me
>that want to manage tickets via email?

Andreas,

Anything's possible using scrips & the RT API. You'd have to define your
own protocol for specifying the updates you want to make, and have the
scrips parse the content and take the action. You would also want to be
sure to check access control so that not just anyone could send mail and
resolve your tickets.

There are plenty of scrip examples on the wiki.

Steve