[rt-users] Database Upgrade Errors -- Please Help

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:14:43 EST 2005

I think you have to do next steps:
1) get new server
2) resolve RT 3.4.4 dependencies on the new server
3) run `configure --...; make install` this will install RT's source code
4) configure RT_SiteConfig
5) dump DB from the old server and restore it on the new with DB's
tool (mysqldump)
6) create mysql user with credentials the same as in RT_SiteConfig
(option $DatabaseUser, $DatabasePass). Use mysql tools for this step.
7) run DB upgrade scripts

*NOTE:* you don't need to run `make initialize-database` on the new
server from 3.4.4 tarball dir, because this will break upgrade
scripts.

On 11/21/05, Jennifer I. Moore <jim1 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Gentle Greetings,
>
> We are in the process of upgrading from RT 3.0.0 to RT 3.4.4.  We have set
> up a new server with a fresh install of Apache (dynamic), MySQL, and RT,
> all located in a separate filesystem for RT.  I did a database dump from
> our production system and imported it into the new system.  Then I ran all
> of the needed database upgrade scripts.
>
> There were errors on some of the database upgrade scripts, and data is
> clearly missing from the RT display in the web interface (for example,
> Custom Fields).  I have included the output from running the database
> scripts below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have searched the
> Wiki and mail list archives and found similar threads but no solutions.
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance!
> Jennifer
>
> --------

[snip]

--