[rt-users] Spontaneous logouts

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:45:52 EST 2005

On 11/22/05, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> > Check rt.logs. and give us info about software versions you use.
> >
> I did that in my other thread (which no-one responded to) so I'll
Sorry, I've missed that.

> reproduce it here:
>
> I have a problem, with Firefox and RT2. You can login fine, any link you
Oops. You said RT2, I give up. Don't know anything about RT2.

> click takes you back to the login page, if you login correctly, it takes
> you to the page for the link you clicked on earlier. If you click on
> anything on THAT page, it will again take you to the login page, if you
> then login again, it will take you to the newly selected page, ad
> infinitum. This does not happen with the Mozilla browser, or IE, or
> Firefox 1.5 Beta on Windows, but it does happen with Firefox 1.06 and
> Firefox 1.5 RC3 on Linux and Windows.
RT uses CGI::Cookies (in 3.0, but I think 2.0 uses the same) to get
and set cookies, I can suggest you to try update it. Browser is also
software and can be buggy :)

> Ruslan suggested some of the following:
>
> 1) you should check that RT setups cookie. Firefox has cookie manager.
> - I have deleted the cookie in Firefox, and it gets re-created by RT.
> Cookie name is AF_SID, content is a long alphanumeric string, path is
> '/', Send for: Any type of connection, and Expires: at end of session
> 2) you should check RT's log files
> - nothing there that seems to be relevant, no entries at all for today,
> and it is still doing it.
> 3) you also MUST provide info about RT version, about DB you use and
> your RT_SiteConfig.pm
> - RT 2.0.15, MySQL 4.0.17, Apache 1.3.34, Red Hat 8, what should I be
> looking at in config.pm?
>
> Ideas would be appreciated. Oh, I get the same behaviour with RT 3.4.4,
> MySQL 4.1.14, Fedora Core 3, Apache 1.3.33
For MySQL 4.1 I can suggest to ALTER sessions table and convert
convert column with sessions data from LONGTEXT to LONGBLOB.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.