[rt-users] Not forwarding emails to requestor

Paweł Węglewski rt_admin at cirrus.pl
Fri Nov 25 06:35:43 EST 2005

Hello.
By default, when a CC or 'everyone' replies to a ticket via email this
email is forwaded to the requestor. I want to change that behaviour.
Recently I found a scrip, that was designed to do this, but somehow it
doesn't work.

On user defined notify requestor, CC and Admin CC with global template
correspondance transaction create .

if ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Correspond") {
    $RT::Logger->debug("[DEBUG RZ] Scrip 5: correspondence: from " .
    $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Name . "\n");
    my $msg = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
 return 0 unless $msg;

if (($msg->GetHeader('From')) and (($msg->GetHeader('To')) or
    ($msg->GetHeader('Cc')))) {
     $RT::Logger->debug("[DEBUG RZ] Scrip 5: Seems to be an email
comment");
         return 0;
     } else {
         $RT::Logger->debug("[DEBUG RZ] Scrip 5: Decided to Notify
Requestors and Ccs");
         return 1;
     }
   }
   return 0;

Here is the problem:
When a ticket is createt via email, our employee replies to that ticket,
this reply is sent to the requestor. And it shold be this way, but when
the requesor(or someone else)replies to that reply RT sends back to him
a copy of the last correspondance added via web interface.
What am I doing wrong?
Has anybody encountered this sort of problem?

--
Paweł Węglewski
Konsultant d/s Kluczowych Klientów
mail: pweglewski at cirrus.pl