[rt-users] There can be only one responder. Or should be.

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Fri Nov 25 10:13:37 EST 2005

One of the groups that are using our RT server has the following high
on their wish list: They want to avoid the situation where two
watchers simultaneously reply to a new ticket; only the first answer
should go through, the second should bounce. And they want to work
chiefly through mail; they don't want to have to take the ticket in
the web interface first.

The naïve approach is of course to make sure that only Requestor and
Owner has the ReplyToTicket and ModifyTicket rights, but then nobody
can reply to a ticket without taking it in the web interface first.
Setting up an AutoTake scrip (on correspond an ownerless ticket is
assigned to the sender) doesn't help, since the rights are checked
before scrips are executed.

I'd rather not modify the standard scrips, since I have a lot of
queues and it would be awkward to have to copy the standard scrips to
every single queue except this one.

Any ideas how I could solve this using only queue-level rights and
queue-level additional scrips?

--
Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert