[rt-users] Setting up an automated Interim response

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Sun Nov 27 10:42:08 EST 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 07:19:29PM -0600, Onkar Singh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am pretty new to RT and am still in the learning process.
>
> I want to set up a feature such that when a ticket is 10 days old, an
> automated response will be sent to the requestor saying that the issue
> is being looked at.
>
> Any suggestions regarding how to do this?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
> -ods

I would write a Perl script that uses the RT API to find
tickets older than 10 days and then uses the Ticket::Correspond
method. To make sure this doesn't happen more than once to
a ticket I would set an attribute on the ticket that can be
checked by the script.

You said you are new to RT. How is your OO Perl?

-Todd