[rt-users] returned mail creating new tickets

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.mccombs.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 28 13:02:24 EST 2005

I have my RT set up to send a password to a user who creates a ticket
for the first time so they can login and review/work on their tickets.

What is happening now is that I have some SPAM coming through creating
tickets.  This is not generally a problem as I just reject the ticket in
RT.  However, they are also now causing bounced email notifications to
get back to the RT email address they originated from causing a new
ticket to be created for the bounced email.

Any thoughts/ideas on how to prevent this?  Either to stop the bounced
email from creating a new ticket or to keep the email from being sent to
a bad/non-existent email address to begin with?

--

Ed Davison