[rt-users] How to create "preps" in RT

Onkar Singh onkars at wolfram.com
Tue Nov 29 10:16:51 EST 2005

Hello,

I want to create a number of pre-compiled email templates, which the user
can select and that will be added to the reply to the ticket. For example,
a template or a prep can be called "Regular" and this will have the
contents:

"Hi,

Thank you for sending us the email.

xxx

Thank you,

Onkar Singh"

So, let us say, there are three such templates (or "preps" as we like to
call them), and each one has a different content. I can select the
appropriate template from a list, and that will add the contents of this
template to the reply section of the ticket. Now, I can add my own content
to this (by replacing xxx) and send the ticket when I am done.

If you can guide me as to how this can be done, and if possible give me an
example, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks
onkar