[rt-users] closing the bounce loop.

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:29:43 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:
> I've scanned for possible solutions to this in the Wiki, but have not
> found anything.
>
> Basically, I want to close the bounce-mail loop for new tickets.
> That is, some fool with broken email sends a request for some help,
> but the reply bounces.  I want that bounce to be recorded with the
> original ticket.
>
> Is there a bounce processor script for RT that will scan through
> bounced email looking for the proper ticket identifier and hook it up
> right?
I don't remember that someone sent solution. I wrote one, but it's not
under GPL, sorry.
Suggestions:
1) use -f flag of the sendmail that sets return path for bounces
2) there is perl module on the CPAN that allows you to automate partly
parsing of the bounces
3) perl script that adds comment to the ticket is easy enough, I'm
sure there is examples in the archives

--
Best regards, Ruslan.