[rt-users] RT Upgrade

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:35:44 EST 2005

On 11/23/05, Honza Rezab <honza at rezab.org> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I use request tracker 3.0.8 and I want upgrade to debian
> version request-tracker3.4_3.4.1-2_all.deb.
>
> Can I do it?
I know that you can upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4 when you installed RT
yourself. So upgrade is possible, but I don't know how well deb
packages at this point. Main thing in upgrade is DB schema.
You can do next things:
1) upgrade DB with scripts from RT 3.4 tarball
2) install deb package and configure it to use DB you have

Don't forget to backup. There is no scripts to downgrade.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.